How to Elevate your Garden Vibe
Apr 14, 2021
Have you ever felt overwhelmed tending to a messy veggie garden? It can easily become crowded, weedy, & sprawling! So how do we grow an abundant AND approachable edible garden?
Get my quick tips on how to elevate and simplify your garden this spring!
1) Pick the sunniest (and flattest lol) spot
2) Remove sod and level the area with spades and shovels
3) Lay a weed barrier & gravel
4) Install edging to keep the weeds out (& for aesthetics)
5) Install raised beds (Eastern Red Cedar beds are rot-resistant)
6) Fill beds with a healthy, soil blend (1/3 topsoil, 1/3 sand, 1/3 compost)
7) Plant smart (interplant for maximum coverage and aesthetics)
8) Trellis climbers & tomatoes for support (ex: cucumbers, pole beans, snow peas)
9) Add accent flowers and planters for texture and beauty